Monday, February 15, 2010

Martin Scorsese Presents: The Blues: A Musical Journey: Vol 1: Feel Like Going Home

Director:  Martin Scorsese
Producer Martin Scorsese
Topic: American Music The Blues

sez says: Oh my I love this music, and I love that this series was made, and I could listen to it over and over again.  In this one blues artist Corey Harris is featured as our tour guide and he introduces old and contemporary musicians from the Delta Blues region of the South --and then he goes on to Africa to meet current musicians from that region and to demonstrate the roots of the music. It is something of a general introduction to the topic and it has footage of lots of famous and not so famous musicians... but to me it was all just a joy to watch. But then, I am a dyed-in-the-wool lover of the Blues so maybe I am not really capable of being critical of this sort of documentary.  I am just delighted to see this sort of documentary made.

mjc says:  really wonderful introduction to the blues and its roots.  Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment