Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Riddles Of The Sphinx , NOVA 2010

sez says --What happened to NOVA? It use to be such a good, reliable show. Now it is all hyped up language and hold your breath cliff-hanger talk that is really off putting.  The Sphinx is an iconic image and so I thought it might be interested to learn a little about it..and that is what I learned, just a little bit.  So sure I now know something more than I did but it was hard work listening to the dialogue, that wanted to make the story into a race of some sort, saying things like: "Just in time" somebody is studying the Sphnix! --Huh? Even I know that people have been studying the Sphinx for a long time.  Oh well --maybe I just need to give up on the NOVA series.

mjc:  agree with the sentiment about how the show was constructed, all breathless and awestruck.  They could have had the camera slowly wander around the giant statue and it would have been more interesting. GRADE D

No comments:

Post a Comment